The lawyers at Rosen Bien Galvan & Grunfeld have deep experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in legal malpractice matters. As part of this work we have represented lawyers and law firms against allegations of negligence, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, liability to non-clients, defamation, infliction of emotional distress, breach of contract and RICO. Our clients have included lawyers who practice across a full range of legal disciplines, as well as individuals and corporate entities.
- Landmark Screens v. Morgan Lewis & Bockius: RBGG secured a reversal in the Federal Circuit of a district court order dismissing our client’s fraud claim, which arose out of its former lawyers’ failure to timely file a patent application and attempts to cover up the mistake, and capping the potential damages for that claim. See Landmark Screens LLC v. Morgan Lewis & Bockius, LLP, 676 F.3d 1354 (Fed. Cir. 2012).
- Corporation v. Law Firm: RBGG obtained a confidential settlement on behalf of a Bay Area corporation in claims that its long-time counsel failed to disclose conflicts of interest and to offer proper advice concerning a complex series of real estate investment transactions.
- Start Up v. Law Firm: RBGG secured a confidential settlement for its client, a start-up company, for claims that its patent counsel had failed to protect its intellectual property rights by missing a major filing deadline.
- Law Firm v. Law Firm: RBGG obtained a confidential settlement securing fair compensation for their client’s work after the client’s former co-counsel abandoned the case and disengaged from what was a major ongoing mass torts litigation.
- Lawyer v. Lawyer: After securing dismissal of a defamation lawsuit against our lawyer client on an anti-SLAPP motion, the court awarded RBGG and its cocounsel almost $100,000 in fees. The award was upheld by the California Court of Appeal in full.