Rosen Bien Galvan & Grunfeld LLP, founded in San Francisco in 1990, focuses its practice on complex litigation. RBGG partners have been consistently recognized as some of the top trial and appellate lawyers in California.
RBGG was named to National Law Journal’s Elite Trial Lawyers List for 2018. The firm’s appellate practice has been ranked in the First Tier of all firms nationally in the “Best Law Firms” list by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® since 2017. In addition RBGG is ranked in the First Tier in San Francisco in Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation, Employment Law- Individuals, and Civil Rights.
RBGG counsels and represents clients across the nation and handles disputes in federal and state trial and appellate courts throughout California and nationwide. Our trial, appellate, and U.S. Supreme Court practice emphasizes eight primary areas:
- Complex commercial litigation in areas including antitrust, unfair competition, contracts, legal malpractice, trade secrets, intellectual property and partnership disputes.
- Lawyer-to-lawyer assistance in matters including attorneys’ fees and partnership structures.
- Trial and appellate practice including many matters in which we are retained following trial as appellate counsel.
- Constitutional and civil rights cases both for damages on behalf of individual clients and to remedy large scale systemic rights violations.
- Class actions in civil rights, employment, antitrust and consumer protection.
- Workplace disputes in cases of discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retirement benefits, non-competition agreements and wage and hour enforcement.
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) both as providers of neutral services and as advocates representing clients through ADR processes.
RBGG regularly handles high profile cases that move and shape public policy. The firm has, for example, prevailed repeatedly in major class actions against the State of California regarding constitutional rights, health care, disability rights, and mental health care for prisoners in the state, including the historic prison overcrowding decision, Brown v. Plata, 131 S.Ct. 1910 (2011).
RBGG also stands out for the quality of its associates and senior attorneys. They have substantial litigation experience and all graduated from top law schools – 14 clerked for federal judges and seven were were named “Rising Stars” in the 2022 Northern California Super Lawyer list.
Our cases involve the most complex and sophisticated of issues. Each of us strives to be a client-centered lawyer, emphasizing personal service and responsiveness to a client’s overall business or personal interests. We make sure every client understands the risks, benefits, options and costs of litigation. In every case, our goal is to assure that the client’s interest is always foremost and protected.